cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
xliu
Level II

How to make differential gene expression volcano plot using means difference in response screening

Dear experts,

I'm trying to make a differential gene volcano plot showing the means difference with JMP17.2. I used response screening and set a control using the column info, but I couldn't find where to apply the "means difference" option. The graphs I got so far just have FDR logworth by effect size, by Rsqured, or by Slope, I couldn't get FDR logworth by means difference. And the in Result table, I also could not see the "means difference". I followed the JMP Academic: Genomics Research in JMP Pro YouTube, but it didn't show how the means difference was obtained.

Can someone let me know how to solve this issue? Thanks a lot!

Liu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to make differential gene expression volcano plot using means difference in response screening

Hi @xliu,

There are two ways to get the Volcano plot and the Mean Differences table to show when using Response Screening from  Analyze>Screening>Response Screening:

• In the dialog box before running Response Screening, you can check the box Common Y Scale. This assumes that all of the Responses are normalized to the same scale.

Chris_Kirchberg_0-1716301762941.png

• Go to the Red Triangle in the Report and choose Show Means Differences

Chris_Kirchberg_1-1716301947829.png

• You will be prompted in a window that looks like below. Click on Continute

Chris_Kirchberg_2-1716302025598.png

You will now have the Volcano plot as the last tab and the means difference table below.

Hope that helps,

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Data Scientist, Life Sciences - Global Technical Enablement
JMP Statistical Discovery, LLC. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to make differential gene expression volcano plot using means difference in response screening

Hi @xliu,

There are two ways to get the Volcano plot and the Mean Differences table to show when using Response Screening from  Analyze>Screening>Response Screening:

• In the dialog box before running Response Screening, you can check the box Common Y Scale. This assumes that all of the Responses are normalized to the same scale.

Chris_Kirchberg_0-1716301762941.png

• Go to the Red Triangle in the Report and choose Show Means Differences

Chris_Kirchberg_1-1716301947829.png

• You will be prompted in a window that looks like below. Click on Continute

Chris_Kirchberg_2-1716302025598.png

You will now have the Volcano plot as the last tab and the means difference table below.

Hope that helps,

Chris Kirchberg, M.S.2
Data Scientist, Life Sciences - Global Technical Enablement
JMP Statistical Discovery, LLC. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
www.jmp.com
xliu
Level II

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for the help! It was helpful. I could generate the volcano plot with means difference now.

Thank you!

Liu