cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
danlopez
Level I

How to create a calculated column similar to pivot table in Excel?

I want to use graph builder to slice and dice attrition data. In Excel I would use what is called a calculated field within a pivot table.

My data would look like the attached, where I can select any field as row(s)s or column(s) and the attrition rate would update dynamically since its a caculated field.

How do I do this in JMP? I tried HC/TER and sum(HC)/sum(TER). I did this in the data detail as as a separate column. Neither worked since they only caculate once at the individual level. I need something that will

perform the caculation on update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XanGregg
Staff

Re: How to create a calculated column similar to pivot table in Excel?

I don't think JMP can do exactly that, with an arbitrary formula evaluated over the dynamic grouping.

If you know the grouping and can create a formula, be sure to use the Col functions and provide the grouping column(s) as BY variable(s):   Col Sum( :HC, :KeyEE ) / Col Sum( :TER, :KeyEE )

Otherwise you can compare sums (inferring the ratio) with a table in Tabulate:

4055_hier1.png

Or graphically in Graph Builder:

4056_hier2.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
XanGregg
Staff

Re: How to create a calculated column similar to pivot table in Excel?

I don't think JMP can do exactly that, with an arbitrary formula evaluated over the dynamic grouping.

If you know the grouping and can create a formula, be sure to use the Col functions and provide the grouping column(s) as BY variable(s):   Col Sum( :HC, :KeyEE ) / Col Sum( :TER, :KeyEE )

Otherwise you can compare sums (inferring the ratio) with a table in Tabulate:

4055_hier1.png

Or graphically in Graph Builder:

4056_hier2.png