cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to change order of labels on nominal x-axis?

Hi -

I have data compared across summer, fall, winter and spring that I would like to plot according to the categories. However, the default is to put the categories in alphabetical order along the x-axis (fall, spring, summer, winter). I would like to place these in order (winter, spring, summer, fall) so it is more logical to the viewer, but I cannot find a means by which to do this. Is there a mechanism for reordering categories along the x-axis?

Thank you,

Dorian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to change order of labels on nominal x-axis?

Hi Dorian,

Go your column header with the seasonal names and then right click.  Click on column properties and then Value Ordering.  Go to the lower window and move the seasons into the order that you want them to be displayed.

JMP Value Ordering Column PropertyJMP Value Ordering Column Property

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Dorian,

Go your column header with the seasonal names and then right click.  Click on column properties and then Value Ordering.  Go to the lower window and move the seasons into the order that you want them to be displayed.

JMP Value Ordering Column PropertyJMP Value Ordering Column Property

acitretin
Level II

Worked perfectly for me
Many thanks
Ahmed
Stefan
Level III

Thank you for this. Is there a way to change the order within the graph? Eg have 3 graphs, same data, same graph settings, the only thing I need different is the order of the X axis labels?

You're a genius! Thank you.