cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ptijerome
Level III

How to add an icon in the add-in toolbar?

Hello,

When I create an add-in I can choose a picture for it, so that it appears in the tool bar.

I'd like to use some nice JMP icons. Do you know the path I should use to get them?

Thanks

Jérôme

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ptijerome
Level III

Re: How to add an icon in the add-in toolbar?

Hi,

It was indeed to distribute the add-in. It works perfectly.

It would be nice for next JMP release to make it possible directly when add-in is registered…

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you are just using the add-in for yourself, you can simply go to View > Customize > Menus and Toolbars. Expand Add-Ins and select your add-in. In the icon section, click the "built in icon" radio button. Then you can select a JMP icon to appear in the menu item for your add-in.

If you are distributing this add-in for others to use, it is a lot more complicated because these settings need to be reflected in the .jmpaddin archive file.

1) Go to View > Add-Ins... Click on your add-in and click on the home folder link to open Windows Explorer (if

using Windows).

2) Open the addin.jmpcust file in a text editor such as Notepad.

3) Change the line that begins with "<jm:icon" to look like the following (replace "JMP" with the name of your

icon):

<jm:icon type="builtin">JMP</jm:icon>

4) Save the addin.jmpcust file.

5) Open your add-in using Add-In Builder.

6) Under the Additional Files tab, add the addin.jmpcust file that you saved previously. This will overwrite the

addin.jmpcust file that is automatically created by the Add-In Builder.

7) Save your Add-In.

Please note that if you make any further changes to your add-in (in Add-in Builder), you will need to remove this file from additional files, save the add-in, and repeat the process above.

Check out this add-in for a list of icon references/names.

Justin
ptijerome
Level III

Hi,

It was indeed to distribute the add-in. It works perfectly.

It would be nice for next JMP release to make it possible directly when add-in is registered…

Thanks.