cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ptijerome
Level III

How to add an icon in the add-in toolbar?

Hello,

When I create an add-in I can choose a picture for it, so that it appears in the tool bar.

I'd like to use some nice JMP icons. Do you know the path I should use to get them?

Thanks

Jérôme

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ptijerome
Level III

Re: How to add an icon in the add-in toolbar?

Hi,

It was indeed to distribute the add-in. It works perfectly.

It would be nice for next JMP release to make it possible directly when add-in is registered…

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you are just using the add-in for yourself, you can simply go to View > Customize > Menus and Toolbars. Expand Add-Ins and select your add-in. In the icon section, click the "built in icon" radio button. Then you can select a JMP icon to appear in the menu item for your add-in.

If you are distributing this add-in for others to use, it is a lot more complicated because these settings need to be reflected in the .jmpaddin archive file.

1) Go to View > Add-Ins... Click on your add-in and click on the home folder link to open Windows Explorer (if

using Windows).

2) Open the addin.jmpcust file in a text editor such as Notepad.

3) Change the line that begins with "<jm:icon" to look like the following (replace "JMP" with the name of your

icon):

<jm:icon type="builtin">JMP</jm:icon>

4) Save the addin.jmpcust file.

5) Open your add-in using Add-In Builder.

6) Under the Additional Files tab, add the addin.jmpcust file that you saved previously. This will overwrite the

addin.jmpcust file that is automatically created by the Add-In Builder.

7) Save your Add-In.

Please note that if you make any further changes to your add-in (in Add-in Builder), you will need to remove this file from additional files, save the add-in, and repeat the process above.

Check out this add-in for a list of icon references/names.

Justin
ptijerome
Level III

Hi,

It was indeed to distribute the add-in. It works perfectly.

It would be nice for next JMP release to make it possible directly when add-in is registered…

Thanks.