Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
mrude
Level I

How do I set the increment step size when applying an animation to a local data filter?

In Graph builder I'm displaying a series of temperature readings by showing a bar graph colored based on the temperature value.  I have added a local data filter to show the temperatures at a specific time and I want to animate this display 1 minute forward for each animation frame.  The issue I'm having is the annimation does not move forward 1 minute at a time.  Each animation frame jumps ahead multiple hours.  Is there a setting for how far it moves forward per frame?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I set the increment step size when applying an animation to a local data filter?

I would create a new column which rounds all of the timestamps to the hour of the day, and then use that column as your local filter.  If you make the new column an Ordnal, or Nominal Modeling Type, it will jump forward by the hours.  Here is one form of a formula that will create the hourly groupings

date mdy(month(timestamp),day(timestamp),year(timestamp))+ 60*60(hour(timestamp));
Jim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I set the increment step size when applying an animation to a local data filter?

I would create a new column which rounds all of the timestamps to the hour of the day, and then use that column as your local filter.  If you make the new column an Ordnal, or Nominal Modeling Type, it will jump forward by the hours.  Here is one form of a formula that will create the hourly groupings

date mdy(month(timestamp),day(timestamp),year(timestamp))+ 60*60(hour(timestamp));
Jim

View solution in original post

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.