BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
LNitz
Community Trekker

How do I replace point labels in factor analysis plots

I am using factor anlysis to group thematic responses in a German survey.  All of the variable names and labels are in German, but I plan to display the results in an English-speaking context.  I can turn on point labeling for each of the variables in a set of plots, but then label with the German construction variable names.   For some points I wan to use a simple English word, for others I would want to use the value labels in the data set. I see two options, one of which I know I can do:

1.  Change the variable labels for those variables in the analysis to short, simple, English expressions.  I know how to do this.

2.  Try to find where the point labels are stored in the process of composing the plot and then change them. I don't know how to do this.

Finally, there are often too many point labels: I would like to suppress those with small values that appear clustered in the center of the factor plot.

I would like to try a procedure which is interactive, at least intially, before attempting scripting.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I replace point labels in factor analysis plots

Please attach an example of the chart you are referencing.

Jim
0 Kudos
LNitz
Community Trekker

I have attached a sample plot, labeled with variable names. I would like
to replace them with English names, rather than the originals.
0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

I can not see any attachment.  If you just pasted it into the reply, that does not work.  You need to add it as a Photo: see the icons above the response, or attach it as a file, using the Browse selection at the bottom of the response.

Jim
0 Kudos
LNitz
Community Trekker

I added the document as a Word file. I can try again later adding it as a
photo.
0 Kudos
LNitz
Community Trekker

Thanks for the cues.

I have attached a JPG of a sample plot to this message.

0 Kudos