cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tupdegrove
Level II

How do I get vertical dots in Graph Builder?

How do I get these dots back into a vertical orientation instead of a "cluster" shown here? The 4-5 dots used to be vertically aligned. Using JMP 16.

Screenshot 2023-01-11 165100.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How do I get vertical dots in Graph Builder?

I think changing Jitter settings is only option you have if you want to use Points. Could it be possible to use other visualization such as bar chart?

jthi_0-1673515338987.png

Instead of

jthi_1-1673515346777.png

You can use Customize menu to change Marker's Jitter settingsin more detail (especially Axis and Jitter type)

jthi_2-1673515640595.png

jthi_3-1673515715976.png

Also going through Essential Graphing from JMP Help page can give some other ideas

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Victor_G
Super User

Hi @tupdegrove,

You can try changing the choice of the parameter "Jitter" and the jitter limit to get to your desired result.
See more infos about these parameters here : https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.0/#page/jmp/points.shtml#ww659883
Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
tupdegrove
Level II

Found it. Changing the data type of the x-axis column from numeric to character causes the arrangement of the points to change from vertical to "cluster" as previously shown.

I accidentally clicked on "accept solution". Don't know how to edit/undo. Victor's reply didn't work.

statman
Super User

Welcome to the community.  Sorry for the confusion.  I unmarked Victor's answer as the solution. Did you fix it yourself or do you need help changing the data type?

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
jthi
Super User

I think changing Jitter settings is only option you have if you want to use Points. Could it be possible to use other visualization such as bar chart?

jthi_0-1673515338987.png

Instead of

jthi_1-1673515346777.png

You can use Customize menu to change Marker's Jitter settingsin more detail (especially Axis and Jitter type)

jthi_2-1673515640595.png

jthi_3-1673515715976.png

Also going through Essential Graphing from JMP Help page can give some other ideas

-Jarmo