cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mitu
Level II

How do I enable hover help text?

So I noticed that others had the ability to hover over things and a text box would appear with info about the object.

The ‘hover text’ pop-up that you get when you hold the mouse over a field.

However I seem to be missing it, when I hover over stuff nothing pops up, is there way to enable it?

I'm using JMP 13.

Here's an example of the hover text:

ezQszSM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mitu
Level II

Re: How do I enable hover help text?

Hi,
so I checked and that was already checked. I tried hovering over a similar analysis like in that example picture, but no text pops up still.

Nevermind! I realized you have to move the mouse in a circular motion in order for the text to show up.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Check your preferences. Main Menu > File > Preferences or CTRL + K, Click on Reports. Make sure Hover Help is checked.

image.png

mitu
Level II

mitu
Level II

Hi,
so I checked and that was already checked. I tried hovering over a similar analysis like in that example picture, but no text pops up still.

Nevermind! I realized you have to move the mouse in a circular motion in order for the text to show up.

Thanks!

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

The hover help is triggered by making a small circle over an item in the report.

-Jeff
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Below are a couple of things to do to trouble shoot the problem. If they don't work, you should contact JMP Technical Support or you local IT person.

1. For p-values, etc, you need to circle your mouse near the reported item. It can be touchy
  2. Preferences, Report  and General, press the Reset to Defaults  [just in case task]
  3. If you are working on Windows and have not rebooted in a long time, reboot and try again.

If you are working on Windows, there are settings that can affect this. You should contact an IT person.

That is all I have.