cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
feldybikes
Level II

How do I do a combination bar and line plot using Overlay Plot?

Using JMP 12. I want to change the options for the two y axes independently of each other such that one of them has a bar plot and the other has a line plot. I don't want to do this with Graph Builder because the output is too cumbersome for my combination of graphs. There must be a way to do this because I can see it in the examples on this page:

Overlay Plots

How do I independently select which series get points connected and which has the needle?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gail_massari
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How do I do a combination bar and line plot using Overlay Plot?

Scott, in this example you can select the overlay marker, connect color, line style, and other graph options for each variable (Y) after you create the overlay plot.  You can do this directly from the legend.  Left click on the variable in the legend (in the bottom picture, you would select DJI Close) and it becomes highlighted.  Then right click to bring up options for the highlighted variable (in the bottom picture, when DJI Close is selected,  you would select needle).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gail_massari
Community Manager Community Manager

Scott, in this example you can select the overlay marker, connect color, line style, and other graph options for each variable (Y) after you create the overlay plot.  You can do this directly from the legend.  Left click on the variable in the legend (in the bottom picture, you would select DJI Close) and it becomes highlighted.  Then right click to bring up options for the highlighted variable (in the bottom picture, when DJI Close is selected,  you would select needle).

feldybikes
Level II

That does it. Thanks!