cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tjmills
Level II

How do I create a frequency table from a histogram distribution?

I want to save a histogram with a defined bin size of a continuous response variable as a table with one row for each bin in the histogram. Each row would  have the beginning bin value, ending bin value and count of data rows from the original data set. I have searched in the forum and via Google. I need to be able to do this today and I am hoping JMP can do this quickly.

(Sorry if this is a duplicate, but when I typed in my "Ask a Question", it lost what I typed and took me to the "Start a Discussion" screen.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tjmills
Level II

Re: How do I create a frequency table from a histogram distribution?

I found the way to do this at another post (link below) and with help from Nate (at JMP) we used the Save/Midpoint option to save the data to the data table. Then using the tabulate funtion, you can group the data by midpoint to get the counts for each bin value.

Histogram count

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tjmills
Level II

Re: How do I create a frequency table from a histogram distribution?

I found the way to do this at another post (link below) and with help from Nate (at JMP) we used the Save/Midpoint option to save the data to the data table. Then using the tabulate funtion, you can group the data by midpoint to get the counts for each bin value.

Histogram count