cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
kaiho
Level I

How do I construct a graph with error bars and a trendline using a custom model, then predict a value using that model?

Hello all,

I am completely new to statistical software in general and jumping into the deep end here. My dataset consists of 4 replicates (R1 through R4) at particular timepoints. How would one:

1. plot the average, with relevant error bars (standard deviation or error),

2. then display a trendline through the averaged points that is fit with the model: 

theta1 * Exp(-theta2 * :Time) + (1 - theta1) * Exp(-theta3 * :Time)

3. procure y-values at a particular time point x on the trendline that is plotted through the averaged points

4. display an equation for the trendline?

If possible, I would prefer an interactive explanation. Is it possible to do all this using only the GUI? I have tried to graph different series using the Graph Builder tool, but I just get each replicate graph stacked. On the Fit X by Y, I am confused as to how to graph multiple series at once. I am unsure of how to get graphical output, or how to predict a value, from the New Column Formula method as well. 

I have included a sample table. 

Thanks so much!

1 REPLY 1

Re: How do I construct a graph with error bars and a trendline using a custom model, then predict a value using that model?

Please see Help > JMP Documentation Library > Specialized Modeling. Look at the chapters about Fit Curve and Nonlinear platforms.