cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
WineAroma
Level III

How can I edit Biplot Labels / How can I export editable biplot to Power Point

Dear Community,

I have two questions regarding PCA biplot.

1. Is there a way to export biplot to Power Point that is editable. I have a very crowded plot and I like to change the position of the labels, change color, change font, highlight, etc...

2. Within JMP, how can I change font size & color of just the labels in the biplot? I want to have a separate font size and color for the labels (row label) & variable labels (column name).

It would be nice to have both questions resolved, but I can live with one solution. I hope someone can help me

Thanks!

LM

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How can I edit Biplot Labels / How can I export editable biplot to Power Point

1. Is there a way to export biplot to Power Point that is editable. I have a very crowded plot and I like to change the position of the labels, change color, change font, highlight, etc...

No, the BiPlot graph is passed to PowerPoint as a picture object which is not editable.

2. Within JMP, how can I change font size & color of just the labels in the biplot? I want to have a separate font size and color for the labels (row label) & variable labels (column name).

You can change the Font and Font Size for graph labels, in JMP Preferences.  I do not believe you can change different types of labels to different colors, etc.

Jim

View solution in original post

WineAroma
Level III

Re: How can I edit Biplot Labels / How can I export editable biplot to Power Point

Hello Community,

I just learned how to do #1 in "Episode 19 May 18, 2020 JMP on Air," so I'm posting solution to my own problem.

I can "Copy & Paste" the graph into Power Point using "Enhanced Metafile" format. Then, I can "ungroup" and move the labels and change fonts.

Saving High Quality Graphics from JMP for Publication and Presentation by @Ross_Metusalem , Saving High Quality Graphics from JMP for Publication and Presentation 

Cheers!

Lei

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

No, the BiPlot graph is passed to PowerPoint as a picture object which is not editable.

You can change the Font and Font Size for graph labels, in JMP Preferences.  I do not believe you can change different types of labels to different colors, etc.

Jim
WineAroma
Level III

Thanks Jim!
WineAroma
Level III

Hello Community,

I just learned how to do #1 in "Episode 19 May 18, 2020 JMP on Air," so I'm posting solution to my own problem.

I can "Copy & Paste" the graph into Power Point using "Enhanced Metafile" format. Then, I can "ungroup" and move the labels and change fonts.

Saving High Quality Graphics from JMP for Publication and Presentation by @Ross_Metusalem , Saving High Quality Graphics from JMP for Publication and Presentation 

Cheers!

Lei