cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
WineAroma
Level III

How can I edit Biplot Labels / How can I export editable biplot to Power Point

Dear Community,

I have two questions regarding PCA biplot.

1. Is there a way to export biplot to Power Point that is editable. I have a very crowded plot and I like to change the position of the labels, change color, change font, highlight, etc...

2. Within JMP, how can I change font size & color of just the labels in the biplot? I want to have a separate font size and color for the labels (row label) & variable labels (column name).

It would be nice to have both questions resolved, but I can live with one solution. I hope someone can help me :)

Thanks!

LM

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How can I edit Biplot Labels / How can I export editable biplot to Power Point

1. Is there a way to export biplot to Power Point that is editable. I have a very crowded plot and I like to change the position of the labels, change color, change font, highlight, etc...

No, the BiPlot graph is passed to PowerPoint as a picture object which is not editable.

2. Within JMP, how can I change font size & color of just the labels in the biplot? I want to have a separate font size and color for the labels (row label) & variable labels (column name).

You can change the Font and Font Size for graph labels, in JMP Preferences.  I do not believe you can change different types of labels to different colors, etc.

Jim

View solution in original post

WineAroma
Level III

Re: How can I edit Biplot Labels / How can I export editable biplot to Power Point

Hello Community,

I just learned how to do #1 in "Episode 19 May 18, 2020 JMP on Air," so I'm posting solution to my own problem.

I can "Copy & Paste" the graph into Power Point using "Enhanced Metafile" format. Then, I can "ungroup" and move the labels and change fonts.

Saving High Quality Graphics from JMP for Publication and Presentation by @Ross_Metusalem , Saving High Quality Graphics from JMP for Publication and Presentation 

Cheers!

Lei

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

No, the BiPlot graph is passed to PowerPoint as a picture object which is not editable.

You can change the Font and Font Size for graph labels, in JMP Preferences.  I do not believe you can change different types of labels to different colors, etc.

Jim
WineAroma
Level III

Thanks Jim!
WineAroma
Level III

Hello Community,

I just learned how to do #1 in "Episode 19 May 18, 2020 JMP on Air," so I'm posting solution to my own problem.

I can "Copy & Paste" the graph into Power Point using "Enhanced Metafile" format. Then, I can "ungroup" and move the labels and change fonts.

Saving High Quality Graphics from JMP for Publication and Presentation by @Ross_Metusalem , Saving High Quality Graphics from JMP for Publication and Presentation 

Cheers!

Lei