cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Vmuthu
Level II

Graph builder Histogram adding count in Y axis

I genrated a histogram using the graph builder as shown in the attached plot. I want to add the count of the Y axis. Please show me how to add. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graph builder Histogram adding count in Y axis

The way that I do that, is to create a new column in the data table, and call it "Count", setting each rows value to 1.  I then go to Graph Builder and select my x axis and then set my y axis to the count column, and it's statistic to sum.

histo.PNG

There are soooooo many things you can do with Graph Builder, that there may be a Community member that can show a better way to solve your problem

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

The way that I do that, is to create a new column in the data table, and call it "Count", setting each rows value to 1.  I then go to Graph Builder and select my x axis and then set my y axis to the count column, and it's statistic to sum.

histo.PNG

There are soooooo many things you can do with Graph Builder, that there may be a Community member that can show a better way to solve your problem

Jim
Vmuthu
Level II

Thanks @txnelson. This solve my requuirement. 

is there a way to add the N value in the histogram from the Graph builder? 

Appreviate your help.

Venkat

txnelson
Super User

Sure, just specify "Label by Vlaue" for the labeling for the Bar specificationshisto2.PNG

Jim