cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Vmuthu
Level II

Graph builder Histogram adding count in Y axis

I genrated a histogram using the graph builder as shown in the attached plot. I want to add the count of the Y axis. Please show me how to add. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graph builder Histogram adding count in Y axis

The way that I do that, is to create a new column in the data table, and call it "Count", setting each rows value to 1.  I then go to Graph Builder and select my x axis and then set my y axis to the count column, and it's statistic to sum.

histo.PNG

There are soooooo many things you can do with Graph Builder, that there may be a Community member that can show a better way to solve your problem

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

The way that I do that, is to create a new column in the data table, and call it "Count", setting each rows value to 1.  I then go to Graph Builder and select my x axis and then set my y axis to the count column, and it's statistic to sum.

histo.PNG

There are soooooo many things you can do with Graph Builder, that there may be a Community member that can show a better way to solve your problem

Jim
Vmuthu
Level II

Thanks @txnelson. This solve my requuirement. 

is there a way to add the N value in the histogram from the Graph builder? 

Appreviate your help.

Venkat

txnelson
Super User

Sure, just specify "Label by Vlaue" for the labeling for the Bar specificationshisto2.PNG

Jim