cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Get a list of open Data tables

I need a command similar to Current data table() in which instead of giving me the name of the active table it gives me a list of all open data tables. What function will do this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Get a list of open Data tables

I don't know if its because I'm using version 7 but my scripting guide doesn't contain the section mentioned. I did find the answer although its not a single command like I had hoped.

There is a function called nTable() which gives me the number of open data tables and then I can use a for loop to get a list of table names.
table_names={};
for(i=1,i less than =nTables(),i++,insertinto(table_names, Data Table(i)<

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mpb
mpb
Level VII

Search the Scripting docs for "open data tables" and move through the hits. You will find your question answered in a section titled "Getting and using a list of open tables".

I don't know if its because I'm using version 7 but my scripting guide doesn't contain the section mentioned. I did find the answer although its not a single command like I had hoped.

There is a function called nTable() which gives me the number of open data tables and then I can use a for loop to get a list of table names.
table_names={};
for(i=1,i less than =nTables(),i++,insertinto(table_names, Data Table(i)<
mpb
mpb
Level VII

That's pretty much what the 8.0.2 docs give as a solution.