cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Get a list of open Data tables

I need a command similar to Current data table() in which instead of giving me the name of the active table it gives me a list of all open data tables. What function will do this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Get a list of open Data tables

I don't know if its because I'm using version 7 but my scripting guide doesn't contain the section mentioned. I did find the answer although its not a single command like I had hoped.

There is a function called nTable() which gives me the number of open data tables and then I can use a for loop to get a list of table names.
table_names={};
for(i=1,i less than =nTables(),i++,insertinto(table_names, Data Table(i)<

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mpb
mpb
Level VII

Search the Scripting docs for "open data tables" and move through the hits. You will find your question answered in a section titled "Getting and using a list of open tables".

I don't know if its because I'm using version 7 but my scripting guide doesn't contain the section mentioned. I did find the answer although its not a single command like I had hoped.

There is a function called nTable() which gives me the number of open data tables and then I can use a for loop to get a list of table names.
table_names={};
for(i=1,i less than =nTables(),i++,insertinto(table_names, Data Table(i)<
mpb
mpb
Level VII

That's pretty much what the 8.0.2 docs give as a solution.