Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hogi
Level XI

Fixed marker for a specific entry?

Some while ago I posted a wish
new Column Property: Value Markers 
with the idea: add a Column property Value Marker to define markers for specific column values.
Unfortunately, is not planned to implement such a functionality in Jmp 18.

With the current limitations of Jmp - what is the easiest way to plot a specific class of data points with a defined marker?

I mean: automatically - without the need to specify the marker again and again via the plot legend.

I know that I can select all female entries and define "open triangle" via the row states.

But my actual data set is not static like Big Class. So, that's no option.

Hm, does anybody have a cool trick ?

hogi_0-1681832478824.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fixed marker for a specific entry?

You can select Rows > Color or Mark by Column... whenever the data changes to re-assign the markers as desired. Otherwise, you can write a utility script and add it to the Rows menu or make an Add-in to change the Marker row state after each data update.

For Each Row(
	Row State() = If( :sex == "F", Marker State( 5 ), Marker State( 1 ) );
);

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can select Rows > Color or Mark by Column... whenever the data changes to re-assign the markers as desired. Otherwise, you can write a utility script and add it to the Rows menu or make an Add-in to change the Marker row state after each data update.

For Each Row(
	Row State() = If( :sex == "F", Marker State( 5 ), Marker State( 1 ) );
);
hogi
Level XI

And if all corresponding rows have the same marker state, the legend will adjust accordingly - brilliant!