I've used the JMP Excel add-in for quite some time, but I've started having problem with the data table name in JMP 13. Before I upgraded, when I used the add-in to create a JMP data table from an Excel spreadsheet, the JMP table would be named with a combination of the Excel file name and sheet name. Now the JMP table is named "Untitled". I checked my preferences in the add-in, but the field is empty. After reveiwing the Using JMP chapter dealing with the add-in, I went back to preferences and changed "Data Table Name" from blank to "File Name_Worksheet" and now my data tables are all named "File Name_Worksheet". How can I get the add-in to create a data table with the actual file name and worksheet? Can I further customize this so that it defaults to just the worksheet name?
This may be a defect. I encourage you to contact JMP Technical Support and see if they can replicate your problem. If they can, they will open up an issue so that this gets fixed in a future release.
I've investigated this further and regrettably this is a bug that was introduced into the addin for JMP 13. I will enter a defect and see if this can be fixed for the 13.2 release.
There is a workaround for this issue. If, in the JMP Add-in ribbon bar within Excel, you go to Preferences and change a preference and hit ok, a preference file will be saved out. From that point on, the issue will go away. You may have to change a preference and then change it back if you like the default settings. It is the absence of the preference file that is causing this issue.