cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Martin
Level V

Data Filter Date/Time with extra ".0"

I have a column with a Date and Time in it (see graphic for formatting).  When I use a Global or Local Data Filter, the dates/times show up as MM/DD/YY H:M:S.0 with the ".0" being extraneous (see graphic for data filter).

Martin_0-1644352147781.png

Martin_1-1644352163768.png

Does anyone know how to get rid of the ".0" in the data filter?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Data Filter Date/Time with extra ".0"

If you set the following Custom Format for you date column, the Local Data Filter will drop the .0

txnelson_0-1644354169797.png

Char( Format( :value, "m/d/y" ) ) || " " || Char( Hour( :value ) ) || ":" || Char( Minute( :value ) ) || ":" || Char( Round( Second( :value ) ) );

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

If you set the following Custom Format for you date column, the Local Data Filter will drop the .0

txnelson_0-1644354169797.png

Char( Format( :value, "m/d/y" ) ) || " " || Char( Hour( :value ) ) || ":" || Char( Minute( :value ) ) || ":" || Char( Round( Second( :value ) ) );

Jim
Martin
Level V

Thanks @txnelson, I will try that. But it appears you are saying I need a new "second" date column for this to work - is that correct?  I guess another way to approach this is to use a For Each Row and replace the data that is there with this new value.

Martin

txnelson
Super User

You do not need a new column.  Second() is just a function that extracts the number of seconds value from the Date/Time column

Attached is the example data table I used for my last response

Jim