Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted

Creating a graphic using Y By X setting equations with multiples slope, same intercept to compare data groups

I am trying to create a singe Y by X graphic comparing linear regressions based on equations. The intercepts of the equations are the same but the slopes are different. I fitted these equations using Proc Mixed in SAS, and thought that I could easily plot these using JMP SAS. When I use "Analyze, Fit Y by X", it allows me to set the intercept and slope for the fitted equation for one data group, but it doesn't allow me to set the slopes for the other lines. Fit Y by X seems to only fit one equation, but I need to fit several different slopes for the lines associated with different data groups.

I've also looked at "Graph, Graph Builder" but approach that does not allow me to set different slopes for different data groups  within the same graph either.

Is there a way for me to make this graphic in JMP SAS showing the fitted model equation with different slopes but the same intercept for these data group comparisons?
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
dale_lehman
Level VI

Re: Creating a graphic using Y By X setting equations with multiples slope, same intercept to compare data groups

If I understand your request, I can think of two things you could do.  One is to create a column that identifies which group each observation belongs to.  Then use the red arrow and Group By that column.  Then fit a line - special - with a fixed intercept.  The second is to do two separate Fit Y by X graphs, one for each group.  Copy the frame contents from one graph and paste it into the other one.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.