cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MarkAD
Level III

Copying graphs in JMP w/o gray background

How can I copy a JMP graph without getting the getting the gray background?  I saw in another discussion (see below) that this can be done with add-in file, but how do I add an add-in file?  Where do I double-click the downloaded file?

From a prior discussion: 

This add-in adds a menu item (under the Add-ins menu) to copy the currently selected item in JMP without the default window background. This is especially useful when copying graphical output to a document with a white background (such as publications and websites).

Instructions for use:

1. Install add-in by double-clicking downloaded file.

2. Select a graph using the selection tool (fat plus sign).

3. Select "Copy without background" from add-in menu.

4. Paste graphic to desired program.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Copying graphs in JMP w/o gray background

Addins are available under the File Exchange selection at the top of this window(in the blue banner section).  The Addin you are looking for is called Addin to copy graph without windows background 

All you have to do is to download and then when you open the file, JMP will ask you if you want to install the Addin.

Jim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Addins are available under the File Exchange selection at the top of this window(in the blue banner section).  The Addin you are looking for is called Addin to copy graph without windows background 

All you have to do is to download and then when you open the file, JMP will ask you if you want to install the Addin.

Jim
MarkAD
Level III

Thanks very much.

MarkAD
Level III

Never mind.  I found out I could convert the gray background to white through Edit->Show Properties, after right-clicking the graph, and selecting white background.

This background is controlled by user preferences. Select File > Preferences (windows) and select the Styles group.

MarkAD
Level III

Actually, there is a much better option than copying the graphs.  Simply click the ROC Table tab below the graph, put the cursor arrow over the column heading 1- Specificity, right click and select Copy Column.  Then paste the column into Excel.  Then do the same thing and copy the next column, Sensitivity, and paste that column into the adjacent column in Excel.  Now, you can make your own graph exactly the way you want it.  If you want, you can also add a 45 degree angle line to your graph.

MarkAD_1-1613585388246.png