cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
SunnyR
Level III

Column with a dropdown list

I have 2 tables, Table 1 is a summary of the parameters obtained from a set of curves; Table 2 is the x and y column of  the curve itself. Both are virtually joined using a "primary/Reference key")

I am classifying the curves in table 2 based on its shape and the associated defects.

I want to create a column in summary table-Table 1 which has a drop down list of certain defects.which repeats ( eg: Low F; Low I, Low V etc). So that I can pick and choose the appropriate one instead of typing it( to avoid mistakes- The examples shown here are simple, but I have lengthier descriptions/combinations of some of the above). I also need an option to modify the drop down list box- where I can add new defects like "One Step" or "kink" etc.

How can I accomplish this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Column with a dropdown list

The List Check property is what you're looking for.

2020-08-18_13-57-12.845.png

2020-08-18_13-58-25.232.png

2020-08-18_13-58-47.771.png

-Jeff

View solution in original post

txnelson
Super User

If you set the "List Check" column property for the columns in question, you can right click on a given cell and see the Approved values and select the value one wants.

listcheck.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

The List Check property is what you're looking for.

2020-08-18_13-57-12.845.png

2020-08-18_13-58-25.232.png

2020-08-18_13-58-47.771.png

-Jeff
SunnyR
Level III

Thank you. I came across "list check" before, but missed the "add a value" txt box beneath the box where it aggregates all the values. Since I was not able to enter the values there, I was not sure, Thanks for your clarification
txnelson
Super User

If you set the "List Check" column property for the columns in question, you can right click on a given cell and see the Approved values and select the value one wants.

listcheck.PNG

Jim
SunnyR
Level III

Thanks.