cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
SunnyR
Level III

Column with a dropdown list

I have 2 tables, Table 1 is a summary of the parameters obtained from a set of curves; Table 2 is the x and y column of  the curve itself. Both are virtually joined using a "primary/Reference key")

I am classifying the curves in table 2 based on its shape and the associated defects.

I want to create a column in summary table-Table 1 which has a drop down list of certain defects.which repeats ( eg: Low F; Low I, Low V etc). So that I can pick and choose the appropriate one instead of typing it( to avoid mistakes- The examples shown here are simple, but I have lengthier descriptions/combinations of some of the above). I also need an option to modify the drop down list box- where I can add new defects like "One Step" or "kink" etc.

How can I accomplish this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Column with a dropdown list

The List Check property is what you're looking for.

2020-08-18_13-57-12.845.png

2020-08-18_13-58-25.232.png

2020-08-18_13-58-47.771.png

-Jeff

View solution in original post

txnelson
Super User

If you set the "List Check" column property for the columns in question, you can right click on a given cell and see the Approved values and select the value one wants.

listcheck.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

The List Check property is what you're looking for.

2020-08-18_13-57-12.845.png

2020-08-18_13-58-25.232.png

2020-08-18_13-58-47.771.png

-Jeff
SunnyR
Level III

Thank you. I came across "list check" before, but missed the "add a value" txt box beneath the box where it aggregates all the values. Since I was not able to enter the values there, I was not sure, Thanks for your clarification
txnelson
Super User

If you set the "List Check" column property for the columns in question, you can right click on a given cell and see the Approved values and select the value one wants.

listcheck.PNG

Jim
SunnyR
Level III

Thanks.