cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
faraz
Level I

Change the Legend Location in Graph Builder

Is there a way to change the location of the legend from the default (right side) to somewhere on the plot in Graph Builder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Change the Legend Location in Graph Builder

Hi @faraz,

Absolutely. You will find those options under the Red Triangle next to Graph Builder at the top left > Legend Position:

legend.png

@julian 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
julian

Hi @faraz,

Absolutely. You will find those options under the Red Triangle next to Graph Builder at the top left > Legend Position:

legend.png

@julian 

kweng
Level I

Hi Julian,

My question is not related to the Legend location. I saw your plot with selected histogram plot but showing "distribution" graph on the graph builder. I try to do the same plot to display "distribution" instead of "histogram bin" but can not figure out how to do this. Would you provide some information how to do this?

thanks

Ken

julian

Hi @kweng,

It's a neat display of data, isn't it? These kernel density histograms were added to Graph Builder in JMP 15. Once you are showing the Histogram element, toggle "Kernel Density" as the Histogram Style in the control panel on the left.

julian_0-1613492669807.png

Here's a short video showing all the steps to make that graph using the Big Class sample data table. 

I hope this helps!

@julian 

kweng
Level I

Wow, that's very nice. Thanks bunch Julian!.

I think I need to upgrade my JMP 14 to JMP 15. 

-Ken

Rajat
Level IV

@julian, Is there a way change the default position of legend?
julian

Hi @Rajat,

Absolutely! The place to find all the platform preferences is by going to File > Preferences. Next, select the Platforms group on the left, then select Graph Builder. Finally,check the box to specify the location for the legend by default. If you find that you're changing something in a platform regularly it's worth setting a preference for it. 

I hope this helps!

@julian

legend preferences.png

Rajat
Level IV

Thanks @julian