cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rich_greves
Level I

Can JMP put the sample number on box plots

I have a simple graph that gives me a series of box plots that that show the concentration of a pollutant by month.  Is there any way to have JMP attach the number of samples that  were analyzed to create each box7243_Clipboard01.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XanGregg
Staff

Re: Can JMP put the sample number on box plots

A couple possibilities:

You can put the X variable in Group X and turn on the Caption element, choosing N as the caption statistic:

7275_Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 3.47.09 PM.png

Or you could make an computed character variable that represents the count and nest it inside of the X variable:

7276_Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 3.51.32 PM.png

And in case it doesn't go without saying: you can always manually add text annotations or a custom graphics script if you need maximum flexibility.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
XanGregg
Staff

Re: Can JMP put the sample number on box plots

A couple possibilities:

You can put the X variable in Group X and turn on the Caption element, choosing N as the caption statistic:

7275_Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 3.47.09 PM.png

Or you could make an computed character variable that represents the count and nest it inside of the X variable:

7276_Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 3.51.32 PM.png

And in case it doesn't go without saying: you can always manually add text annotations or a custom graphics script if you need maximum flexibility.