Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Bug in Mac JMP 13.1 copy/paste from Excel 15.3

atlas100

Community Trekker

Sep 11, 2013

I have reported a bug that occurs when pasting multiple columns of data from Excel for Mac to JMP 13.1 I get the error shown below. If I copy/paste a single cell it will work but changes the column type to "character". I have formatted the cells in Excel correctly.

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 12.24.58 PM.png

2 REPLIES
andersonmj2

Community Trekker

May 4, 2015

Is this something that had worked in previous JMP versions but not now?  I know I have issues with a pair of tables I update - one has data that is populated into a Minitab file, and the other comes through Access by way of Excel, and the date formats used to cause me particular annoyance, so I had to figure out how to get everything to be happy together.

Can you share some examples?

atlas100

Community Trekker

Sep 11, 2013

Yes, my system of copy/paste from Excel to JMP worked flawlessly fro JMP 9 through 12. It is just since the upgrage to 13 that problems arose.

I'm not sure how to provide examples. If I copy a single cell from a column in Excel say 0.85 and paste it into a column data type = numeric it pastes in but changes the data type = character. I just tested this and when I click the cell in JMP so the insertion point is active in the cell and paste it works and leaves the column data type as numeric. This is not a help to me since I am copying a whole of data and pasting to JMP.