cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bgotchall
Level I

Workflow step not completing before moving on

Is anyone else having a problem where a workflow step applies a formula to a column, and it moves on to the next step before finishing evaluating the current step?  I have to manually pause and wait for it to complete before allowing it to resume.  This is happening on a fairly large table, and I know it's basically fine for a small table.

3 REPLIES 3
WebDesignesCrow
Super User

Re: Workflow step not completing before moving on

@bgotchall 

It JSL scripting it happens, where we may need to add "wait (0)" to let step complete before it moves on to the next step.

In the workflow step, you can edit the workflow script by adding wait code so that you don't need to manually pause it. 

wait(0);

Example,

WebDesignesCrow_0-1714005611691.png

You can also refer to below discussions for more details;

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/how-to-do-a-smart-wait-in-JSL/td-p/537961 

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/When-to-use-Wait-0/td-p/14069 

jthi
Super User

For formulas you should use dt << Run Formulas() instead of wait(0) as it is its purpose and use wait(0) for other waiting tasks (usually).

Also you might want to contact JMP support about this. If there is such an issue in workflow builder that it doesn't wait for formula evaluation before those are needed, they might want to do something about it. Not sure who to tag from JMP so I'll go with @julian this time

-Jarmo
bgotchall
Level I

Right, you would expect it to be the default behavior to finish the current step before moving on, rather than a hack you have to know.  

I added a WF step with just Data Table( "Source_table" )<<RunFormulas; after the step that defines the formula, and that is doing the trick.