BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Bivariate Chart changes even if Automatic Recalc is not selected, how to stop this please?

Check out the post from @ryandewitt above and use a Local Data Filter for each of your reports. 

-Jeff
0 Kudos
mattpace0
Community Trekker

Re: Bivariate Chart changes even if Automatic Recalc is not selected, how to stop this please?

I did see his post, can a local filter be achieved by automation?

I don't see anything in the object model

0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

I am not quite sure what the desired final functionallity is?  I am not sure if turning the Autorecalc on for the charts would get you what you want, or using local data filters or a combination of both, or maybe subsetting the data table for different groupings of charts.  If you could describe what your final vision is I might be able to suggest a solution.

Jim
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mattpace0
Community Trekker

I created a GUI driven app that mimics a combination of the row filter and variability chart generation in JMP.  

Capture1.PNG

Pushing the preview button generates the variability charts based on the selections.  Each chart displays the data as it was filtered when the chart was created.

Capture2.PNG

I then had a need to do the same thing for Bivariate charts, which is what started my question.  I added the same functionality, but for the Bivariate chart, but it  doesn't act the same and after the charts are generated, each chart shows all of the data, unfiltered.

When I run the same code, just replace the variability chart with the bivariate chart, I expected this.

Capture3.PNG

But get this

Capture7.PNG

I have sinced learned this has to do with a chart being calculating or non-calculating.  I would like to be able to automate more chart generation using any chart type

0 Kudos
mattpace0
Community Trekker

I'm not sure if this will get me where I need to be.

The chart generation is automated, creating many charts each based on a unique filter.  In the end, each chart should remain as it appeared when the filter that created it was applied, but Bivariate charts change when the filter changes.  

Another individual indicated this is because variability charts are calculating and thus do not change, but bivariate charts are non-calculating and this is why they change.

Is there a method to stop charts from updating when the filter changes?

0 Kudos
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

A Local Data Filter will absolutely get you where you need to be. The Global Data Filter will affect all reports using the data table in question. The Local Data Filter affects only the report that it's a part of.

Here's a script that shows the technique.

dt=open("$SAMPLE_DATA\Variability Data\2 Factors Crossed.jmp");

dt<<Bivariate(
	Y( :Measurement ),
	X( :Standard ),
	Automatic Recalc( 1 ),
	Fit Line( {Line Color( {208, 64, 86} )} ),
	Local Data Filter(
		Close Outline( 1 ),
		Add Filter(
			columns( :part# ),
			Where( :part# == {2, 4, 6, 7, 10} ),
			Display( :part#, Size( 149, 140 ), List Display )
		)
	)
);

dt<<Variability Chart(
	Y( :Measurement ),
	X( :part# ),
	Max Iter( 100 ),
	Conv Limit( 0.00000001 ),
	Number Integration Abscissas( 128 ),
	Number Function Evals( 65536 ),
	Analysis Type( "Choose best analysis (EMS REML Bayesian)" ),
	Show Range Bars( 0 ),
	Std Dev Chart( 1 ),
	Automatic Recalc( 1 ),
	Local Data Filter(
		Add Filter(
			columns( :part# ),
			Where( :part# == {1, 3, 5, 8} ),
			Display( :part#, Size( 149, 140 ), List Display )
		)
	),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch(
			{"Variability Chart for Measurement"},
			"Variability Chart",
			FrameBox,
			{Grid Line Order( 2 ), Reference Line Order( 3 )}
		)
	)
);
-Jeff
MTech
Community Member

I like this application that really support presentation about pandemic and endemic outbreak.

0 Kudos

Do you need to use a data filter at all? You can manipulate row states directly with your script before creating the next plot. You may have another reason but if it is just to select, hide/unhide, or exclude/unexclude rows, you don't need a data filter. I think the only reason to open the data filter if the script must have the user interactively make changes to the row state with this tool. Otherwise the automation can handle it on its own.

(I am not answering the questions about the behavior of the data filter. Just trying to get you to your end point sooner.)

Learn it once, use it forever!
mattpace0
Community Trekker

Thank you for your help.

I responded to txnelson and explained what I am doing.  I thought filtering the data (by automation) was the best way to create charts showing only the desired data set.  If there is a better way, I am unaware of what it is.

0 Kudos