Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
eldad_galili
Level III

Allign different sets of data

Hi all,

I need your help in suggesting how to allign  different data to be on the same Y axis level.

to adjust the x values so that they can be compared (not standardization).

see attached file

thank you very much

3 REPLIES 3
SDF1
Super User

Re: Allign different sets of data

Hi @eldad_galili ,

Not really sure what you're trying to do, but if you're just wanting to have them shifted relative to each other so they can be closer together, one option would be to standardize the data and then add some offset, say 5 or 10 units for x2, x3 and so on. So x would have no offset, x2 would have an offset of 10, and x3 would have an offset of 20, and so on. Another option might be to transform them by changing the values to be on a range from 0 to 1. Both of these options can be found by right clicking a column and selecting New Column Formula > Distribution > and then either Standardize or Range 0 to 1.

If you can provide a visual of what you'd like see, or how you want the graphic to look like, that would help a lot in determining the correct direction to set you in.

Hope this helps!,

DS

dale_lehman
Level VII

I echo the need for more context, but one idea I have is to index each of the x series so that they start at 100.  This allows them to be compared on a constant scale without standardizing them (just a different constant scale).  However, when I do this with your data, it looks fairly strange as each data series varies relatively little over time.  The variability is very low, except for a few distinct points in each series.  As a result, the graphs appear as horizontal lines with a few outliers.  My guess is that you either want to focus on these outliers, or remove them from the analysis so that the slight differences in the series can be visually seen.

txnelson
Super User

Are you looking for something like:

txnelson_0-1673477056290.png

Jim