cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

First group meeting- Date and location confirmed?

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Since it sounds like Nov. 2nd is the slightly more preferred date for the meeting (and we can avoid any conflicts with Election Day on Nov. 7th). Why don't we say the group will meet Nov. 2nd at HarbisonWalker International, West Mifflin location?

Generally user group meetings last just a few hours. Here's a sample agenda to give you an idea:

9:00 a.m.- Check-In and Networking Time, Light Refreshments Served (JMP can sponsor this for your first two meetings if you'd like. And if there are any preferred vendors or procedures for HWI for catering, just let me know.)

9:30 a.m.- Welcome/Introductions

9:40 a.m.- JMP Presentation #1 (could be a JMP user case study, a how-to talk, tips and tricks, best practices, etc.) 20 to 30 minutes in length, including time for Q&A

10:10 a.m.- JMP Presentation #2

10:40 a.m.- JMP User Group Business- Group discussion to cover- frequency of meetings, preferred meeting dates/times, suggestions for topics to cover in next meeting, volunteers to- help lead group, host or speak at an upcoming meeting, act as point person for this web page and post all updates

11:00 a.m.- Adjourn

Note- This is just a sample. You may want to have more speakers or change your start/end times.

My suggestion for next steps would probably be to schedule a planning call. All members are invited to attend, but especially anyone who wants to be on the leadership team or possibly speak at a future event. JMP is happy to host the call via our WebEx account, but if there is a user who wants to take the reins on this as well, we'd love your help. How does lunch time later this week (Friday, Sept. 22nd?) work to host such a call?

20 REPLIES 20
sartori1
Level II

Re: First group meeting- Date and location confirmed?

Thanks for confirming the meeting data and place.  As for the planning meeting, Friday doesn't work for me as I already have a meeting over lunch and the rest of the day is booked. The week of the 25th looks more open for me if anyone else is having the same issue.

Dave Sartori

Re: First group meeting- Date/Location/Agenda - Please confirm your attendance

Hi Everyone,

To make the first user group meeting easier from a planning standpoint, JMP will plan to provide a post Discovery Summit update as the main content. I propose the following agenda/timing to take place at Harbison Walker International in West Mifflin: 1001 Pittsburgh McKeesport Blvd, West Mifflin, PA 15122 on November 2nd. Thanks again to HWI for offering to host!

We do need to get a rough headcount for the lunch, so please confirm your ability(and any colleagues that will also join) to attend on the user community page (this thread).

11:30 a.m.- Check-In and Networking Time; Lunch Provided (sponsored by JMP)

12:00 - Welcome/Introductions

12:15 - JMP Discovery Summit 2017 in St. Louis -- It's a Wrap!

1:00 - Short Break

1:15 - What's Coming in JMP 14

1:45 - User Group Business - Group discussion to cover- frequency of meetings, preferred meeting dates/times, suggestions for topics to cover in next meeting, volunteers to- help lead group, host or speak at an upcoming meeting, act as point person for this web page and post all updates

2:00 Adjourn

Brad_Novic
Visitor

I plan to attend

Brad Novic

PhaseTwoAnalytics LLC

shravangattu
Level I

I plan to attend.
terragogm
Visitor

I am not able to attend.

Gina

shravangattu
Level I

Thanks for the message. I am interested. Please let me know any special requirements to attend the meeting.

Thanks.

Shravan.

sartori1
Level II

I plan to attend.

Dave

Dave Sartori
timpike
Level I

Tim,
As we discussed, I am unable to attend. : (
Sincerely,
Tim Pike
brownmc36
Level I

Hello,

I expect we will have 8 attending from our facility.

Thanks,

Mike Brown

Tom_Schultz
Level I

Confirmed.

Tom Schultz

mraughley
Level II

I am not sure whether I am counted as one of the participants from HarbisonWalker, but I will be attending.
Harb
Visitor

Thank you for holding this activity. I will try to attend.   Please confirm if event will be held.  I have some questions about Neural network modeling if possible to ask during this event.

Re: First group meeting- Date and location confirmed - Final Call for Lunches

Hello JMP Users!

We are still planning on the West PA JUG meeting next week. Please respond asap if you have not already so that we can provide an adequate number of lunches. The details again are:

Location:  Harbison Walker International in West Mifflin: 1001 Pittsburgh McKeesport Blvd, West Mifflin, PA 15122 on November 2nd. 

11:30 a.m.- Check-In and Networking Time; Lunch Provided (sponsored by JMP) 

12:00 - Welcome/Introductions 

12:15 - JMP Discovery Summit 2017 in St. Louis -- It's a Wrap! 

1:00 - Short Break 

1:15 - What's Coming in JMP 14, Additional Topics as Time Allows

1:45 - User Group Business - Group discussion to cover- frequency of meetings, preferred meeting dates/times, suggestions for topics to cover in next meeting, volunteers to- help lead group, host or speak at an upcoming meeting, act as point person for this web page and post all updates

2:00 Adjourn

rgaray
Visitor

Re: First group meeting- Date and location confirmed - Final Call for Lunches

Hello,
I plan to attend to represent Braskem.
~Rocio S. Garay