cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

First group meeting- Date and location confirmed?

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Since it sounds like Nov. 2nd is the slightly more preferred date for the meeting (and we can avoid any conflicts with Election Day on Nov. 7th). Why don't we say the group will meet Nov. 2nd at HarbisonWalker International, West Mifflin location?

Generally user group meetings last just a few hours. Here's a sample agenda to give you an idea:

9:00 a.m.- Check-In and Networking Time, Light Refreshments Served (JMP can sponsor this for your first two meetings if you'd like. And if there are any preferred vendors or procedures for HWI for catering, just let me know.)

9:30 a.m.- Welcome/Introductions

9:40 a.m.- JMP Presentation #1 (could be a JMP user case study, a how-to talk, tips and tricks, best practices, etc.) 20 to 30 minutes in length, including time for Q&A

10:10 a.m.- JMP Presentation #2

10:40 a.m.- JMP User Group Business- Group discussion to cover- frequency of meetings, preferred meeting dates/times, suggestions for topics to cover in next meeting, volunteers to- help lead group, host or speak at an upcoming meeting, act as point person for this web page and post all updates

11:00 a.m.- Adjourn

Note- This is just a sample. You may want to have more speakers or change your start/end times.

My suggestion for next steps would probably be to schedule a planning call. All members are invited to attend, but especially anyone who wants to be on the leadership team or possibly speak at a future event. JMP is happy to host the call via our WebEx account, but if there is a user who wants to take the reins on this as well, we'd love your help. How does lunch time later this week (Friday, Sept. 22nd?) work to host such a call?

20 REPLIES 20
shravangattu
Level I

Re: First group meeting- Date and location confirmed - Final Call for Lunches

I am attending the event.

Hi West PA JUG,

Reminder that our user group meeting on Thursday this week starts with Checking/Networking Lunch(provided by JMP) at 11:30, with presentations starting at Noon. I think there was some confusion over an earlier start time based on the start of this thread with a sample agenda.

If you know of some colleagues that plan to come, but have not responded on the community to get a lunch, please let us know so that we have everyone's meal covered.

Logistics and Agenda:

Location:  Harbison Walker International in West Mifflin: 1001 Pittsburgh McKeesport Blvd, West Mifflin, PA 15122 on November 2nd. 

11:30 a.m.- Check-In and Networking Time; Lunch Provided (sponsored by JMP) 

12:00 - Welcome/Introductions 

12:15 - JMP Discovery Summit 2017 in St. Louis -- It's a Wrap! 

1:00 - Short Break 

1:15 - What's Coming in JMP 14, Additional Topics as Time Allows

1:45 - User Group Business - Group discussion to cover- frequency of meetings, preferred meeting dates/times, suggestions for topics to cover in next meeting, volunteers to- help lead group, host or speak at an upcoming meeting, act as point person for this web page and post all updates

2:00 Adjourn

wjrobertson
Level I

I am not planning to attend.

Sorry I can't attend due to work conflict now that the meeting has been changed from the tentative morning meeting to an 11AM-2PM meeting. Also, I work in Cranberry, and a midday meeting prevents me from going into the office all day.  Morning, end of day, or evening (other than 2nd Thursday - Pittsburgh PMI) works much better for me.  Hope to attend in the future.

Yours,

Paul Lawson

tonyoutrich
Visitor

I will be attending representing West Lake Chemical.

inter_ted
Visitor

Re: First group meeting- Date and location confirmed?

Hello,

I am planning to attend. Sorry for the late respond.

Ted Cui

Celtic Healthcare