cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Signal processing module/Toolbox

What inspired this wish list request? 

Past personal need and experience with colleagues who are implementing partial signal analysis algorithms to analyze data.

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

Signal processing functions for standard results found in pythons scipy, including filters(digital & analog), FFT (spectrum), noise, convolution, correlations, transformations, peak analysis, SNR, THD, and vibration analysis.

If possible I would go further and add functions for simulating signals as well, this would also be great for teaching and well as synthesizing signals for specific needs with good control and intuitively. 

Why is this idea important? 

I believe one of JMP's major strengths is the low entry level that it allows of it's users to be able to do complex tasks quickly while assure it's integrity and also assist users in gaining a deep understanding of processes.  I feel the area of signal processing lacks this immensely and feel that the folks at JMP can contribute greatly to this field.  This is a major field with increasing traction and I believe this would align well with JMP's renewed emphasis for targeting academia. 

1 Comment
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @John89, thank you for taking the time to submit this idea! We will review your request and keep you updated on its status.