cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Multivariate Platform with two separate input lists (Scatterplot)

The Multivariate platform does only accept one input list. Once the dialog is run, correlations will be calculated on all pairwise X from the input list. Similarly when adding a Scatterplot to the multivariate analysis, all pairwise scatterplots will be shown.

However, in many situations there is an interest in only "correlating" and creating a scatterplot on a certain list of X variables versus another list of X (or Y) variables in terms of exploratory data analysis. Since all variables are always there this is a tedious task to scroll through that massive matrix of scatterplots in scenarios of wide datasets.
I'd appreciate to see two input lists for Multivariate with pairwise correlations/scatterplots from the variables in one list versus the variables in the other list.

3 Comments
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager

The Scatterplot Matrix platform in the Graph menu takes an X and a Y list and creates a scatterplot matrix of just the XY pairs. Admittedly, it doesn't report correlation coefficients but perhaps it will be helpful for now.

blum_b_1
Level III

Thanks, Jeff, that's what I was looking for. I could achieve the same in Graph Builder, but it takes quite some effort. Admittedly, since Graph Builder is around I do not use any of the other Graphs anymore. I am falling short here as I can tell now. 

Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived
We are archiving this request. If this is still important please comment with additional details and we will reopen. Thank you!