cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Manual caption entry on Tabulate platform

On the Tabulate platform, I would like to be able to change the names of columns as they are displayed in the table.  I do not want to change the actual column title in the data table itself; I just want to change the words that are displayed on the Tabulate report.

I made a simple example table to show what I mean:

data table.jpg

tabulate platform.jpg

I simply want to type over the column title with more descriptive words.  Similar to how one would change an axis title on a chart.  Currently, the Tabulate platform can ONLY display the column title.

5 Comments
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Maybe this should be a separate Wish List item, but I am adding it here since it is related.  I'd like to be able to use the Grouping Column labels in tabuate and Categorical. Using the example supplied by @Chris_Rodrigues, I would be able to select an option to use grouping column labels as a grouping variable or level.

image.png

would look like this

image.png

Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived
We are archiving this request. If this is still important please comment with additional details and we will reopen. Thank you!
Chris_Rodrigues
Level III

@Ryan_Gilmore Hi Ryan, I see this request is still not implemented or acknowledged.  It would be nice to be able to use the output of Tabulate in a report or presentation without manually adding text boxes to each item.  Excel Pivot Tables have had this feature for decades...

Status changed to: Acknowledged

Reopening this request. 

hogi
Level XI

As an alternative:
🙏 Column Property: Column Name Alias
Allow secondary or alternate column names 
like value label - but for columns. 

-> no need to do anything - the right name will show up in the Tabulate, Graph builder Plot, Distribution Report, Summary Table ...

and the original column names guarantee that the data import will work as well.