Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Deming regression

Please include

• Deming Regression
  • for "Fit Y by X“ platform an option (check box) for a reference line y=x
  • and the option (check box) to have x and y axis setting to be equal  Min(x_Axis) = Min(y_Axis) , Max(x_Axis) = Max(y_Axis)
7 Comments
julian
Community Manager

Hi @mlo1,

For Deming regression, perhaps Fit Orthogonal would be useful for you? It's available under the Red Triangle in Fit Y by X. There are different options depending on how you want to account for differences in the variances of X and Y. 

Julian

mlo1
Level IV

Thanks a lot for towards the menu.
The graph axis options mentioned would be helpful for fast judgement and as guide to easily see offset and/or change in gradient. As demonstrated in folllowing blog:

https://www.r-bloggers.com/deming-and-passing-bablok-regression-in-r/

blum_b_1
Level III

The Method Comparison Add-In by Russ Wolfinger does include a Passing-Bablok and Deming regression. You can download it from here:
https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Add-Ins/Method-Comparison/ta-p/21520

It is quite "old", so I am not sure if there are any updates and if it still is working. But maybe worth a look.

david_arteta
Level III

The author (Russ Wolfinger) just commented in that thread that it could be time for JMP to add the functionality as a specific platform, not as an Add-In, so it is justifiable.

I would not only go for Deming regression but a Method comparison platform including Passing-Bablok, so that it can be used under regulatory guidelines.

Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived
We are archiving this request. If this is still important please comment with additional details and we will reopen. Thank you!
hogi
Level XI

I was surprised to hear that a wish like 

Please include

• Deming Regression ....

was just "archived". 

Deming regression (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deming_regression ) not included in JMP, really?

But good to hear that this just refers to wish 2&3.

As @julian has already pointed out  Deming regression (with specified variance ratio ...) is already available from the  "Fit orthogonal" submenu.
Kind of funny, as the title of the submenu "fit orthogonal" sounds similar to the special case "equal variance" - which is also listed :)

To be honest, I wouldn't have expected to find the Deming regression here. So, thanks @julian for the hint :)

hogi_0-1670405036975.png

Concerning:

• for "Fit Y by X“ platform an option (check box) for a reference line y=x

one can use:

hogi_1-1670407049694.png

SamGardner
Staff

We also added Passing-Pablock regression in version 17.    As part of our new approach to managing wish lists, several older items were archived to simplify the list and allow us to focus on the most recent and relevant requests.  In this case, the request had mostly been fulfilled but never updated on the Community.