Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
joann
Level IV

weekly report with SQLquery tables

I have 3 SQLQuery tables generated. Few questions:

1. To generate a weekly report, what’s the best way to store them, so next week once I have updated data, I can replace the data source once, and then the 3 query tables run automatically? Is it like journal, project, or dashboard?
  2. How to combine the scripts of the 3 query tables in order to run them all at once with updated data? I saw in each table they have “source”, “modify query”, and “update from database”. Do I combine the script of any of them and save it somewhere?

Thank you for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Georg
Level VII

Re: weekly report with SQLquery tables

Dear @joann , perhaps here you can find some ideas on what is possible here: Strategies and Examples for Data Acquisition From Distributed and Complex Sources (2021-EU-30MP-758) 

The solution depends on what you would like to do with the three tables, and if they have a connection.

You can realize almost everything.

The first thing you could try, to just execute them every time by one click, is to

• copy the three (table) "Source" scripts one after another into one script file,
  • to save that file
  • and execute it every time you need.

It will give you three new tables, probably run in background, and all three in parallel (depends on some settings).

So if the queries are large (and time consuming), this would be the fastest/best way I think.

Georg
joann
Level IV

Re: weekly report with SQLquery tables

Thank you Georg! I'll watch the video.
I pasted "source" scripts directly from both tables and clicked run, but i received an error message start with "Unrecognized message in access or evaluation of 'Run New SQL Query' ," Is there any script i should put in between 2 scripts as bridge? Thank you!