cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
didomizr
Level I

Faint colors in Graph Builder plots - how do I increase brightness/contrast?

I have a consistent issue when using Graph Builder and setting a continuous variable in the color category.  While the color bar is vibrant and clear, the colors that actually appear in the plot (either in Graph Builder or in the exported .tiff image) are significantly fainter.  It makes it difficult to compare to the color bar and difficult to estimate the levels in the plot.

I have checked and the color has transparency set to 1 (opaque).  I can find no other setting in Graph Builder that is potentially incorrectly set.

In the example below, there is a max red point and a min blue point and the scale bar limits are set at max and min.  Neither plotted point is as bright as the color bar color that corresponds to the plotted level. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

didomizr_0-1614899846998.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Faint colors in Graph Builder plots - how do I increase brightness/contrast?

I believe it’s because you have some rows (points) selected in your data table. Try clicking anywhere in the graph that isn’t a point. That will deselect the selected rows/points.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Faint colors in Graph Builder plots - how do I increase brightness/contrast?

I believe it’s because you have some rows (points) selected in your data table. Try clicking anywhere in the graph that isn’t a point. That will deselect the selected rows/points.

-Jeff
didomizr
Level I

Jeff,

Thank you - issue fixed!  Complete rookie error... (at least I'm a rookie...)

Rich