cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tim_reeves
Level III

want scripted Graph Builder to show control limits that are saved as Column Properties

I have a script that opens a data table and generates charts with Graph Builder. Many columns in the table have control limits saved as column properties. How can I get the Graph Builder to display the control limits on the charts? I'd use Control Chart builder but I haven't been able to make that work with column switcher.

Edit: I figured out how to make the columns switcher work with Control Chart Builder, but I'd still prefer to use Graph Builder because it lets me color or overlay by a column which Control Chart Builder doesn't let me do. I'd also like to have a logarithmic y-axis sometimes which Control Chart platform doesn't allow.

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: want scripted Graph Builder to show control limits that are saved as Column Properties

I assume the issue is that you have not selected the "Show Limits" in the Spec Limits Dialog window.

txnelson_0-1636494000074.png

Jim
tim_reeves
Level III

Re: want scripted Graph Builder to show control limits that are saved as Column Properties

That would work for Spec Limits but it doesn't work for control limits. These are pre-calculated control limits that have been stored as column properties.

txnelson
Super User

Oops, my error

You can add an Add Ref Line to your code.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
biv = Bivariate( Y( :weight ), X( :height ), FitLine );
rbiv = biv << report;
axisbox = rbiv[axis box( 1 )];
axisbox << Add Ref Line(
	108.3182, "Dashed", blue, "M mean", 2
);
axisbox << Add Ref Line(
	100.9444, "Dotted", red, "F mean", 2
);

The main item you will have to add to this, is to code to extract the Control Limits. You can use 

CL = :weight << get property("Control Limits");

retrieve the limits.  Take a look at what is retrieved into CL, so you can determine how to parse out the limits you need.

Jim