cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

uneven intervals on the axis

i have a data set of repeated measures yet the time interval between them is uneven (i.e. 5 min, 15 min, 30min, 60min from impact). when using the MANOVA platform the x axis doesn't allow any modifications. Thought of using the graph builder or the chart platform yet they do not allow labeling unevenly so i would have the indication of the actual times of measurement on the axis.

any suggestions?

1656_pastedImage_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XanGregg
Staff

Re: uneven intervals on the axis

If you mark your x variable as Nominal, some graphics platforms (Graph Builder and Scatterplot Matrix) will still use it with even spacing. That would seem to work in this case, where the points are evenly spaced.

For full control, an alternative is to transform the values to the scale you want, plot the transformed scale, and add labeled reflines for the "real" labels.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
teebahnson
Level III

Hi Ron,

I have this same problem and searched around and could not find a way to do this within JMP.  It would be nice if the axis statement would allow you to specify the specific axis values you wanted, but it doesn't look like this is an option.  The only solution I've found is to save the figure using a vector graphics output (e.g. emf, or pdf) and then edit the axis using Adobe, Inkscape or some other software that edits vector graphics.

Regards,

Tee

Byron_JMP
Staff

7628_12-1-2014 10-23-02 AM.png

Ron,

Try doing a right click on that last table in your report, make it into a data table, then stack the time intervals.

I used graph builder for the figure above and marker spacing worked out ok.  Make sure your x-axis variable is numeric and continuous.

Cheers,

Byron

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Thanks Byron,

this is probably as close as it gets.

XanGregg
Staff

If you mark your x variable as Nominal, some graphics platforms (Graph Builder and Scatterplot Matrix) will still use it with even spacing. That would seem to work in this case, where the points are evenly spaced.

For full control, an alternative is to transform the values to the scale you want, plot the transformed scale, and add labeled reflines for the "real" labels.

ron_horne
Super User (Alumni)

Thanks Xan,

i will give it a  go.