Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jan_kreuzmann
Level III

titles of control charts change to standard after saving and reopening

Hello everyone,

The control charts I use look like this (I use the german language):

jan_kreuzmann_0-1629211297112.png

But I like to keep the titles short so "Einzelwerte-Regelkarte von Parameter 2" I changed into "Parameter 2".

Now when I save this control chart to my data table and open it again it comes up as before with that full title.

Does anyone have an idea of how to prevent that?

The hing is that I like to include more control chart into a dashboard, but then the dashboard will also open with full standard title and that makes it difficult to setup the right size of each control chart in the dashboard.

Then I need to resize each control chart within the dashboard and of course shorten the titles before.

As software I am using JMP 16.0, maybe 16.1 is better but the IT has not yet installed it on my PC.

Thanks for your help

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: titles of control charts change to standard after saving and reopening

I quickly tested this with Semiconductor Capability example dataset. It seems like there is an issue when you use the exactly same name as the column has (at least in JMP15.2.1).

jthi_0-1629271016475.png

jthi_1-1629271030954.png

Modify title to NPN1

jthi_2-1629271052034.png

Script saved to data table:

Control Chart Builder(
	Show Control Panel(0),
	Variables(Y(:NPN1)),
	Chart(Position(1)),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch({}, "graph display 1 title", TextEditBox, {Set Text("NPN1")})
	)
)

Result of table script:

jthi_3-1629271081126.png

Now lets modify the title by adding space before the NPN1 and save the script to data table:

Control Chart Builder(
	Show Control Panel(0),
	Chart(Position(1)),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch({}, "graph display 1 title", TextEditBox, {Set Text(" NPN1")})
	)
)

And running the script:

jthi_4-1629271161354.png

No sure why this happens, but maybe modifying the titles a bit will help at least until this is changed. Maybe add something that will directly indicate what type of control chart you have like "IMR of Parameter 2"

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
statman
Super User

Jan, I'm not sure I have a solution for you, but the names and titles are a function of the column names you use in the data table. If you change the column names in your data table to the abbreviated names you will get this displayed on the control chart.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
jan_kreuzmann
Level III

Hey there,

I tried that and change the name of Parameter 1 to P1. I saved the script to the data table and saved the file. Then opened the script for the control chart of P1 again and it worked. Only P1 was written above the graph. So I tried the same with Parameter 2 and it did not work. It always pops up again as "Individal chart of P2". So at least a change of column title does work but only for the title of the column, but for the title of the control chart it always come back to the "Individual chart of ..." The pity is that if I want to use a dashboard with lets say 8 Parameters for which I have saved the control charts I will always need to adjust the control charts inside the dashboard after opening the dashboard.

jthi
Super User

I quickly tested this with Semiconductor Capability example dataset. It seems like there is an issue when you use the exactly same name as the column has (at least in JMP15.2.1).

jthi_0-1629271016475.png

jthi_1-1629271030954.png

Modify title to NPN1

jthi_2-1629271052034.png

Script saved to data table:

Control Chart Builder(
	Show Control Panel(0),
	Chart(Position(1)),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch({}, "graph display 1 title", TextEditBox, {Set Text("NPN1")})
	)
)

Result of table script:

jthi_3-1629271081126.png

Now lets modify the title by adding space before the NPN1 and save the script to data table:

Control Chart Builder(
	Show Control Panel(0),
	Chart(Position(1)),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch({}, "graph display 1 title", TextEditBox, {Set Text(" NPN1")})
	)
)

And running the script:

jthi_4-1629271161354.png

No sure why this happens, but maybe modifying the titles a bit will help at least until this is changed. Maybe add something that will directly indicate what type of control chart you have like "IMR of Parameter 2"

-Jarmo
jan_kreuzmann
Level III

Very nice! It works for me here too, so just adding a space does the job.

Thanks very much!