cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

the graph size exported to pptx (Save Presentation)

I have no idea why is the graph size not changing no matter what value I keyed into the frame size.

Is the size of the graph save presentation () a default value ? Did anyone encounter this before ?

obj = Variability Chart(
	Y( Eval( numericColNamesList ) ),
	X( :Name( "TETEST_MONTH" ), :Name( "TETEST_WEEK" ), :LOT ),
    Frame Size (1500, 480),
	Connect Cell Means( 1 ),
	Std Dev Chart( 0 ),
	Automatic Recalc( 1 ),
	Row Legend(
				TETEST_MONTH,
				Color( 1 ),
				Color Theme( "JMP Default" ),
				Marker( 0 ),
				Marker Theme( "" ),
				Continuous Scale( 0 ),
				Reverse Scale( 0 ),
				Excluded Rows( 0 )
			);

);

report (obj[1]) << Save Presentation( "C:\Users\Ann Ann\1.pptx" );
for(i=2, i<=nitems(obj), i++,
	report (obj[i]) <<  Save Presentation( "C:\Users\Ann Ann\1.pptx", Append);
);

open("C:\Users\Ann Ann\1.pptx");

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: the graph size exported to pptx (Save Presentation)

Ann,

Below is a script that shows the frame size changes can be captured with Save Presentation.  It is a modification of a JMP sample script. I tested it on JMP13 and 14.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
biv = bivariate( y( :weight ), x( :height ), Group By(:sex), Fit Line({report(0)}) );
rbiv = biv << report;
rbiv[Framebox(1)] << row legend(:sex, color(1), marker(1));
rbiv << Save Presentation( "$TEMP/jmp_example.pptx");
rbiv[Framebox(1)] << frame size(1500,480);
rbiv << Save Presentation( "$TEMP/jmp_example.pptx", append );
Open( "$TEMP/jmp_example.pptx" );

This is an excerpt from comments in script 6_SavePresentation_BKM.jsl, 

/*............................Before you begin, a few notes about scaling. We do
not know PPTX's algorithm for scaling. But what we have found, is if your picture
is proportional, the picture will not be distorted.

PowerPoint has 2 sizes 16:9 (13.33"x7.5") and 4:3(10"x7.5"). Create a template or modify the
JMP default template {install directory path}/pptx/JMPExportTemplate.pptx. For us, it is
$JMP_HOME\pptx\JMPExportTemplate.pptx to be your chosen size
(16:9 is the default for MS office 2013 and 2016). I also recommend changing the master slides
from 44 font to maybe 20 or 24, especially if this is not being projected to a massive room.

Then assuming your ppi (pixels per inch) is approximately 96 x each dimension, you can 
estimate and scale if needed.

Decide if you want a title (the outline box) as part of the picture or part of the JMP 
save. Let's get started. ....
*/

When I make custom reports, I use p3icli. I have been using it since 2004. JMP presentation is handy but not very flexible.

"Since 2004 our BKM has been to use use P3ICLI, a no cost, copyrighted with
the Free Software Foundation program.

Description: P3ICLI (PowerPoint Picture Insert Command Line Interface) is a
script driven application that inserts user-selected picture and/or graphic files
into Microsoft PowerPoint (R) slides.

P3ICLI can be downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/p3icli/
It documents a JSL example, including the ppt template, JSL script, explanation and resulting
pptx file at https://p3icli.sourceforge.io/jsl_example.html. We like the flexibility it offers
to customize, size, layout, titles and captions. "

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Ann,

Below is a script that shows the frame size changes can be captured with Save Presentation.  It is a modification of a JMP sample script. I tested it on JMP13 and 14.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
biv = bivariate( y( :weight ), x( :height ), Group By(:sex), Fit Line({report(0)}) );
rbiv = biv << report;
rbiv[Framebox(1)] << row legend(:sex, color(1), marker(1));
rbiv << Save Presentation( "$TEMP/jmp_example.pptx");
rbiv[Framebox(1)] << frame size(1500,480);
rbiv << Save Presentation( "$TEMP/jmp_example.pptx", append );
Open( "$TEMP/jmp_example.pptx" );

This is an excerpt from comments in script 6_SavePresentation_BKM.jsl, 

/*............................Before you begin, a few notes about scaling. We do
not know PPTX's algorithm for scaling. But what we have found, is if your picture
is proportional, the picture will not be distorted.

PowerPoint has 2 sizes 16:9 (13.33"x7.5") and 4:3(10"x7.5"). Create a template or modify the
JMP default template {install directory path}/pptx/JMPExportTemplate.pptx. For us, it is
$JMP_HOME\pptx\JMPExportTemplate.pptx to be your chosen size
(16:9 is the default for MS office 2013 and 2016). I also recommend changing the master slides
from 44 font to maybe 20 or 24, especially if this is not being projected to a massive room.

Then assuming your ppi (pixels per inch) is approximately 96 x each dimension, you can 
estimate and scale if needed.

Decide if you want a title (the outline box) as part of the picture or part of the JMP 
save. Let's get started. ....
*/

When I make custom reports, I use p3icli. I have been using it since 2004. JMP presentation is handy but not very flexible.

"Since 2004 our BKM has been to use use P3ICLI, a no cost, copyrighted with
the Free Software Foundation program.

Description: P3ICLI (PowerPoint Picture Insert Command Line Interface) is a
script driven application that inserts user-selected picture and/or graphic files
into Microsoft PowerPoint (R) slides.

P3ICLI can be downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/p3icli/
It documents a JSL example, including the ppt template, JSL script, explanation and resulting
pptx file at https://p3icli.sourceforge.io/jsl_example.html. We like the flexibility it offers
to customize, size, layout, titles and captions. "

gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Ann,

I just saw your post with the Graph Builder histograms and boxplots.  I am adding a comment here assuming you might be saving that to powerpoint.  Save Presentation will scale your entire picture based on some optimization using the width or height, which one needs scaling.  So if the height needs to be scaled by .75, but the width does not need scaling, then the width will shrink accordingly.

Undersatnding this, here is an exceprt from a PPTX page created by using Save Presentation and being mindful of this type of scaling

image.png  

Thank you, I find the  p3icli very useful.