cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Françoise
Level V

screen size

Hi,

I created a dashboard for an HP E 222 screen: I can see the data filter box and the complete graph of each tab page boxes. but ifI or my colleagues have a smaller screen (20 ") or notebook PC, we no longer have the full width of the dashboard. Is there a trick to adapt the dashboard to the size of the screen: with a jsl or other solution?

best regards

4 REPLIES 4
msharp
Super User (Alumni)

Re: screen size

Yeah, there's plenty of ways to change window size/content size, but it really depends on what you are resizing.  Hope the below code helps.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
//This message applies to all display box objects
w = New Window( "Test",
	lb = List Box( {"a", "b", "c", "d"} ),
	Button Box( "Enable 2nd item",
		lb << enable item( 2, 1 );
		Show( lb << item enabled( 2 ) );
	),
	Button Box( "Disable 2nd item",
		lb << enable item( 2, 0 );
		Show( lb << item enabled( 2 ) );
	)
);
print(w << Get Content Size());
print(w << Get Window Size());
Wait( 2 );
w << Set Content Size( 400, 300 );
Wait( 2 );
w << inval size();

//Other Options to check out
//w << Optimize Display;
//w << Size to Fit;
//w << Zoom Window;

Akane
Level II

Hi, 

I have similar issue about size and can't fix it yet.

I use 'for loop' to create graph which set size (900,900) . 

nw= New Window("Dashboard");

Gr1 = expr ( data table (...)  << Graph Builder (

Size (900,900)

);

When I append to the same window, it will resize Y automatically.

first I used  nw << Append (Hlistbox(Gr1));

then I tried 'report'
nw << Append (Report(Gr1));

It still show same problem.

How to fix graph size in window? Please advise.

msharp
Super User (Alumni)

This is really a seperate question and problem entirely, please post a new forum post and @ me and I'll give you working code.  As a hint, your problem is appending directly to the window.

JMP Reports like Graph Builder and Bubble Plot stretch with window size by default, and combined with Splitter Boxes in a dashboard give you a lot of flexibility in size and layout.  Other JMP reports may not stretch by default, and require customization to create a stretchable dashboard.

One built-in feature for dashboard stretching is Summary View.  You can opt-in to the Summary View when creating a dashboard using Combine Windows:

SummaryView.png

In a running dashboard, you can also toggle Summary View on or off for all reports (from the top-level red-triangle) or for any individual report (from the report red-triangle):

SummaryView2.png

Summary View makes graphs stretchable, but also hides most other information, such as tables.  Stretching works best when there is little else in the window, because otherwise the tables and other display information will cause the graph to shrink to a size too small to be very useful.

More customized stretching can be done from JSL.  A few examples of things you can do are shown in the script below:

1. Collapse parts of the reports that you don't need - in many cases this could also be done from the red-triangle menu of the platform.
  2. Close outlines to keep them available but save some initial space
  3. Make a long table scrollable.  This can also be done interactively by stretching the table with the mouse
  4. Decide which boxes should be stretchable (often Frame Box) and turn on stretching.  You may also want to use <<Set Min Size() and <<Set Max Size().

dt=Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
biv = dt << Bivariate( Y( :weight ), X( :height ), Fit Line );
rpt = biv << Report;
rpt["Lack Of Fit"] << Visibility("Collapse");
rpt["Analysis of Variance"] << Close(1);
rpt["Summary of Fit"][Table Box(1)] << Set Scrollable(3,0);
rpt[Frame Box(1)] << Set Auto Stretching(1,1);

Suggestions 1 (Collapse) and 4 (Stretchable) are essentially what Summary View is doing for you with a rule-based approach.  With JSL and interactive customization you can more precisely create the type of stretchable dashboard that you are looking for.

Hope that helps!