cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jmpbeginner
Level III

save script to data table

I am familiar with the save script to data table command, but can I save a multipart script to one ​data table script?

For example:

my JSL script queries a database, then filters data, then creates a control chart.  When I save the script to the data table, I can send Save Script to Data Table to the filter, and again for the control chart.  This creates two table scripts respectively:

10782_pastedImage_1.png

What I would like to do, is use JSL to create a single table script which does both actions, that way an end user can save off the data table and later return and just run 1 table script to generate the output (filter+control chart).  I know how to manually create this (just edit one of the scripts and paste additional script portion into it), but I want the original script that is ran to do this.

thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: save script to data table

Here is a sample script on how I would approach creating a combined script.  I move the scripts into literal strings, and then generate the New Script message in a combined literal string, and then execute the statement.

dt = open("$SAMPLE_DATA\Semiconductor Capability.jmp");

biv=Bivariate(invisible, Y( :NPN1 ), X( :PNP1 ), Fit Line( {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ) );

myscript1=char(biv<<get script);

sct=Scatterplot Matrix(invisible,

Y( :NPN1, :PNP1, :PNP2, :NPN2 ),

Matrix Format( "Lower Triangular" ),

Ellipse Color( 3 ),

{},

"Scatterplot Matrix Options",

FrameBox,

{Frame Size( 51, 37 )} 

);

myscript2=char(sct<<get script);

eval(parse("dt<<new script(\!"combined\!","|| myscript1||";"||myscript2||";);"));

Jim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: save script to data table

Here is a sample script on how I would approach creating a combined script.  I move the scripts into literal strings, and then generate the New Script message in a combined literal string, and then execute the statement.

dt = open("$SAMPLE_DATA\Semiconductor Capability.jmp");

biv=Bivariate(invisible, Y( :NPN1 ), X( :PNP1 ), Fit Line( {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ) );

myscript1=char(biv<<get script);

sct=Scatterplot Matrix(invisible,

Y( :NPN1, :PNP1, :PNP2, :NPN2 ),

Matrix Format( "Lower Triangular" ),

Ellipse Color( 3 ),

{},

"Scatterplot Matrix Options",

FrameBox,

{Frame Size( 51, 37 )} 

);

myscript2=char(sct<<get script);

eval(parse("dt<<new script(\!"combined\!","|| myscript1||";"||myscript2||";);"));

Jim