Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
jmpbeginner
Level III

save script to data table

I am familiar with the save script to data table command, but can I save a multipart script to one ​data table script?

For example:

my JSL script queries a database, then filters data, then creates a control chart.  When I save the script to the data table, I can send Save Script to Data Table to the filter, and again for the control chart.  This creates two table scripts respectively:

10782_pastedImage_1.png

What I would like to do, is use JSL to create a single table script which does both actions, that way an end user can save off the data table and later return and just run 1 table script to generate the output (filter+control chart).  I know how to manually create this (just edit one of the scripts and paste additional script portion into it), but I want the original script that is ran to do this.

thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: save script to data table

Here is a sample script on how I would approach creating a combined script.  I move the scripts into literal strings, and then generate the New Script message in a combined literal string, and then execute the statement.

dt = open("$SAMPLE_DATA\Semiconductor Capability.jmp");

biv=Bivariate(invisible, Y( :NPN1 ), X( :PNP1 ), Fit Line( {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ) );

myscript1=char(biv<<get script);

sct=Scatterplot Matrix(invisible,

Y( :NPN1, :PNP1, :PNP2, :NPN2 ),

Matrix Format( "Lower Triangular" ),

Ellipse Color( 3 ),

{},

"Scatterplot Matrix Options",

FrameBox,

{Frame Size( 51, 37 )} 

);

myscript2=char(sct<<get script);

eval(parse("dt<<new script(\!"combined\!","|| myscript1||";"||myscript2||";);"));

Jim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: save script to data table

Here is a sample script on how I would approach creating a combined script.  I move the scripts into literal strings, and then generate the New Script message in a combined literal string, and then execute the statement.

dt = open("$SAMPLE_DATA\Semiconductor Capability.jmp");

biv=Bivariate(invisible, Y( :NPN1 ), X( :PNP1 ), Fit Line( {Line Color( {213, 72, 87} )} ) );

myscript1=char(biv<<get script);

sct=Scatterplot Matrix(invisible,

Y( :NPN1, :PNP1, :PNP2, :NPN2 ),

Matrix Format( "Lower Triangular" ),

Ellipse Color( 3 ),

{},

"Scatterplot Matrix Options",

FrameBox,

{Frame Size( 51, 37 )} 

);

myscript2=char(sct<<get script);

eval(parse("dt<<new script(\!"combined\!","|| myscript1||";"||myscript2||";);"));

Jim

View solution in original post

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.