cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
OneNorthJMP
Level V

save correlation line fit R2 into data table

I had a data table with many parameters. Each test parameter will have 2 group of temperature data. I am doing correlation between 2 group of temperature data for each test with graph builder fit line and show the R2 on the chart. Now i had all the correlation plot with R2 show on the chart. How i can combine the R2 statistic data from the chart into data table? 

b.pnga.png

b.png

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: save correlation line fit R2 into data table

I think I understand what you are asking.  You want to take the results, the RSquare and incorporate it back into the data table that was used to run the analyses from.  What I don't understand, is what you envision is where in the data table you want the data to reside..  

You could save all of the various RSquares as table variables, or you could add columns and place the values into the columns.  I guess, what might be helpful, is if you could provide some insight by telling more about what is the purpose of putting the RSquares back into the data table.

Jim
OneNorthJMP
Level V

Nelson, 

I am trying this with Fit Y by X plot, it will provide some data table. I can make it into data table that i want like below. But i couldn't find the same features in Graph Builder. 

c.png

txnelson
Super User

The capability you are taking about is surfaced to the interactive user in the Fit Y by X platform. But to take the values displayed in the Graph Builder, the display segments within the output will have to be interrogated to get those values. The starting place would be to save the script from the Graph Builder and take a look at how the Graph Builder handles the code.
Jim