Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Kip1
Level II

printing reference line on top JMP Pro 16

Hello JMP users,

I have a clustered bar graph with a horizontal y-axis reference line representing the average for all entries in that category. The reference line is only visible in the white space between bars. How do I get it to appear on top as a continuous unbroken line? For example, see Ross Metusalem's post https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMPer-Cable/Customizing-JMP-graphs/ba-p/345743   he's got the vertical reference line "RFS authorized" running on top of the data lines. That's what I need.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kip1
Level II

Re: printing reference line on top JMP Pro 16

Here's the solution fyi:

Right click on the graph then choose Customize

Screenshot 2023-01-30 131313.jpg

The way this works is a bit non-intuitive, but you have to move Bar to the top of the list using the arrow keys. That puts Reference lines on top of the data  where it's visible. The default was Reference Lines on top, which I thought was the correct position to make them visible. AFAIK there's no option in Axis

Settings to override this default.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kip1
Level II

Got it figured out! Thanks for looking.

Kip1
Level II

Here's the solution fyi:

Right click on the graph then choose Customize

Screenshot 2023-01-30 131313.jpg

The way this works is a bit non-intuitive, but you have to move Bar to the top of the list using the arrow keys. That puts Reference lines on top of the data  where it's visible. The default was Reference Lines on top, which I thought was the correct position to make them visible. AFAIK there's no option in Axis

Settings to override this default.