cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
statganda
Level I

percentile formula

Dear community,

Please state the percetnile formula being used in JMP tabulate function. I know this is not the same as the formula in excel because they are giving me different result.

I need it badly to justify the JMP application in our system.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: percentile formula

Hi statganda,

The process for computing quantiles is found in the Statistical Details for Distribution platform.

Jeff

-Jeff

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi statganda,

The process for computing quantiles is found in the Statistical Details for Distribution platform.

Jeff

-Jeff
statganda
Level I

Hi Jeff,

This is very useful, because of this i was able to explain to other people logical the JMP formula is.

Thanks
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

JMP quantiles seem to give the same results as the Excel percentile.exc function (found in newer Excel versions). Functions percentile.inc and the (depreciated) percentile can yield different results from JMP.

If you use tabulate you may need to "set format" to display all decimal numbers of the interpolated result.