cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mhd7
Level II

opening Dashboards

Hello, 

I have created 4 dashboards for each of our staff members. My goal is for the staff to access the graphs easily as they are not familiar with using JMP. For each staff member I have created a folder with all of the associated data tables, and 4 dashboards (image attached)

The dashboards are running fine except one issue I am trying to resolve. For the first dashboard (1 (general) Dashboard) it prompts the user to choose open and then brings up 2 identical data tables and then the associated dashboard (image attached) This is true for everyone. 

When opening any of the other three dashboards, it automatically brings up one data table and the associated dashboard. All tables for each staff member were made from the same base data table - simply split in different ways for each dashboard. 

How to I get the first dashboard to operate like the other 3 dashboards and a) not bring up 2 of the identical data table and b) bypass the prompt window to open.

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mhd7
Level II

Re: opening Dashboards

Thank you! This resolved my issue and worked perfectly!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Georg
Level VII

Dear mhd7,

thats a Topic i struggled quite some time with.

Dashboards look quite simple at a first glance, but in Detail are very complex.

What you have to configure properly is the DataTable to be used for the Dashboard.

You will find it in the Dashboard properties, select DataTable1 (or whatever the Name is),

and there you can select the Location. I usually use "Current Data Table" and place the Dashboard as script into my data table. Then I have to manage only one file.

You also can refer to a fixed Location on Network (but when it isn't valid any more, you fail).

The "magic" is that jmp applies the "source" script to the Dashboard … and recreates the table.

Refer to the example in your jmp Installation:

open("$SAMPLE_DATA/../Dashboards/Instant Dashboard.jmpappsource");

activate "Show properties" under Dashboard Builder

and click on DataTable1 to see its properties.

BR, Georg

Georg
mhd7
Level II

Thank you! This resolved my issue and worked perfectly!!

hogi
Level XI

@Georg  wrote:

The "magic" is that jmp applies the "source" script to the Dashboard … and recreates the table.

From Jmp Support I learned:

with the implementation of the Action Recorder, the Source script is really rendered useless.  The Action Recorder is the preferred method of collecting code that JMP writes to build your own script.

Does this mean that with the next version of Jmp, Dashboards won't use the Source Script anymore to recreate the data table - but will use the information from Action Recorder?